The allure of darkness

There's something about inebriation that makes one philosophical, cynical, or simply a stark raging fool. I'm no Aristotle or Socrates, but something tells me that those fine Greek rogues had a few glasses, or shots of klippies when they came up with their over-zealous viewpoints. I don't care what anyone says, but I know for a fact that Pythagoras or Descartes first indulged in some dangerous alcoholic beverage thus their ridiculous maths equations.
Aside from the fact that I fail to see the point of loitering in that wretched maths class all those years in high school, I honestly cannot fathom why someone would be so brazen and cruel as to invent an equation with letters to solve numbers. What insolence!

You're probably wondering why I titled this blog "the allure of darkness" if I'll just bitch on about that unholy disrespectful organisation called mathematics. If it's any comfort to you, I also don't know why. Wait, why would that comfort you?
I'm sure I was going to say something as foolish as "never under-estimate the allure of darkness, it has the power to consume even the purest of souls". I don't know what this means but I feel ashamed that disturbing pagan thoughts like these cross my mind. I am a devout Christian okay.




Comments