Life on Campus



And so the horror story begins... Life on a moral-depraved, filth-ridden varsity campus in this wonderful rainbow nation of ours. By now I bet you're already making out the twist and plot of the story in your pea sized brain, oh c'mon, I'm just joking don't be sensitive, but ja I know how you're already anticipating the climax and tragedy of this horror of horrors tale of tertiary trials.

Gotcha!! Now I have your attention. Pardon me but this is not that kind of horror. Actually, there is no horror. This is just my attempt at some feeble dramatisation as a way to set the scene for what is to come... Drum roll please. . .yes. The Stage Door. On the 16th of March, the partially gifted and equally confident students of UFS entertained us with their acting and musical skills. I don't pride myself to be a critic, so the less said about some of the residentials' talents the better. And I am proud to say that my res, Huis Wag-n-Bietjie was performing in the finals.

Between you and me, I still find it a mystery how they landed in the finals. Whoever said that mediocre performances don't belong in the finals was uttering a blatant lie. Oh, look at me being critical.
Soetdoring and Veritas shone as the brighter stars as their powerful acts out-shown all and thus were crowned the kings and queens of the Stage Door 2013 competition.

All I can say is that had my voice not failed me on audition-day and been selected to perform, we would be singing a different tune as to who the queens of stage door are, methinks.

Comments