Meet My Friend



So there I was sitting in class minding my own business when this girl sits next to me and greets. I respond with a hi, and surprisingly she asks "how are you"? How am I? To the normal brother or sister on the street this would be deemed normal between acquaintances, but here, on this campus, one doesn't go around minding other peoples well-being with "how are you's" just before the commencement of a lame KOM class (don't tell my lecturer I said that).

Actually, those three words bred a friendship between two unlikely people. Unlikely because I always saw her in class but thought she was the quiet shy type, and I also seem like the quiet shy type, 'seem' being the operative word. So, allow me to paint a biopic of Ndi. Yep, Ndivhuwo Mudau is my girl's name. Oh don't worry, I won't tell a tale of friends for life who took an oath under the sun to be there for each other through storms and heartbreaks. Oh No! We don't promise to chase away the wolves at night nor do we solemnly swear that our lives are in some friendship bondage.

Pheeuw! Now I just went all sentimental and philosophical on you. What am I doing again? Oh yes, telling you a little about Ndi. She's a 22 year old Venda girl studying the only degree worth studying-Journalism of course. She gets annoyed (along with me) by people who suffer from verbal diarrhea.

Yes. I've grown to appreciate my Venda princess so much so that I sign for her when she bunks class, which  used to be a very often occurrence.

Comments