My Take on Things



Well well well... my take on things. For an opinionated, journo-wanna be like me, I have suddenly gone blank. I know, there is a plethora and array of topics that need dissecting, chewing and and be gossiped about. Since my mama raised me well I refuse to to spend any more of your precious time reiterating what the gossip columns or news stories say.

So my two friends and I were sitting diligently in a room trying to be good students when suddenly a conversation erupted on how young girls let young men control them emotionally. And by erupted, I mean they ended up forsaking their books and me stuck on the first entry of my blog for more than hour while we blabbed on like desperate housewives with philandering husbands.

As smart as we are (or so we believe), we realised something common in all of us. We are exceptionally dumb when it comes to matters of the heart. One could have sworn that we had a drink or two or three because here were three girls laughing at each other's stupidity realising how all those chick-flick movies fooled us into believing that there is a knight in shining armor.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no cynic when it comes to love. Frankly, sometimes I think I'm too immature to speak on this crazy little thing called love. Those who have been damaged in the name of love regard its evil step sister, hope, a treacherous illusion. And some believe that it is comfort food for those weak and emotionally unintelligent souls who see the world through rose-tinted glasses.

And my take, allow me to go all Christian on you and quote 1Corinthians 13: 4-8. "Love is patient and kind. It is not conceited or jealous or proud", blah blah blah.

So long fellas. Spread the Love!

Comments