The bitter medicine of self destruction

Haven't you wondered about that warped part of human nature to self destruct? Oh no, don't you dare call me weird, you wonder about this too but are too scared to admit it. Okay okay, fine, you say you don't, I say you do, but that's an argument for another day. Where was I? Oh yes, that strange yet undisputed human desire to die at the hands of oneself. In my defense, it is not everyday that I sit and think about suicide. Not me comrade, I'm too much of a coward and between you and me, I'm living la vida loca baby!

Okay I'm not but a girl can dream.

Where was I again? What is wrong with me today, I'm so scatterbrained I might just join that lovely revolutionary movement called the ANC. And if that is not the desire to self destruct then I don't what is.

Since we have both established that I am not normal, it's only fair then that I sit and wallow in this abyss of suicide. Is it possible that one can make another feel so hopeless that they believe the devil they don't know is better than the one they do? Me personally, or is it I personally, okay whatever the correct grammar and syntax, prefer the devil I know. And NO, before you call me a witch that affiliates with rogues and reprobates such as lucifer, I just have that strong belief that nothing lasts forever.

A wise man once said, oh wait, was it a wise woman? Ah damn I don't seem to remember even if the person was wise. Anyways this fellow said the belief in a supernatural force of evil of evil is not necessary. Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness. And another fellow (probably an American, you know how they like to take credit of everything) said: "when you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks into you."


Comments